Sunday 26 April 2009

In anticipation of some sport

I'm still sore from the run yesterday, but more surprisingly, its my back and my shoulders which are the most sore. How? You may ask considering it was a run ... well, I had a golf lesson yesterday afternoon (a hobby I have picked up and somethin that I play fairly badly) ... it had been 6 months since I had played so the soreness shouldn't have come as such a huge surprise.

So I've decided to take a rest day and watch the London marathon on tv, and the Bahrain GP. I ave such an incredible admiration for the elite athletes and the impressive times in which they run the marathon. Respect going out to all the rest of the 36 odd thousand ppl who actually were running the marathon.

One of the reasons for my rest day is that I don't want to be sore for tomorrow. I've set up a 5-a-side office team to take part in a league, which starts tomorrow at lunchtime. It won't be much exercise for me, I play in goal, but I don't want to be slow or sore tomorrow. I owe it to the team not to. Its been over a year since I played the last game of 5-a-side so I'm quite excited about it and very much looking forward to the game.

So I'll pick up again tomorrow evening. I'm due a good few kilometres on the exercise bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment