Thursday 23 April 2009

For Shame

So, yes, I know, I should really be ashamed of myself.

So here goes, "hello, my name is David, and I have neglected my blog".

Or if you prefer the more religiously inspired apology "forgive me
readers for I have 'sinned' (is there a blogging equivalent?), it's
been I don't know how long since my last blogging expression".

The inspiration has come back, riding on the coat tails of renewed
enthusiasm and a smidgeon of self-confidence.

After weeks plagued with injuries of the body and laziness of the mind
I am back in training (I never really actually stopped but the
frequency and consistency of my workouts had become laughable) and I'm
feeling good about it.

So, what stage of training are we at you might ask ... Well ... The
news is not spectacular, but solid.

This week's training achievements in building the fitness base for the
12 weeks of training (which start in 3 weeks) are as follows:

Running - 5km in 33.40 (slow but steady);

Cycling - 23.5km in 40 mind (and a mighty sore rear end to prove it);
and

Swimming - 1000m non-stop in just under 30 mins

So I've officially done (this week alone) the individual distances for
each event ... And to me it is a big deal (especially the swim) ...
Now we have the little matter of stringing them all together into one
mammoth, concerted effort ... Piece of cake!!!!

On another note, this Sunday is the London Marathon ... My greatest
admiration and best wishes go out to every single one of those runners
out there who will be taking part ...

I will do my best to not allow myself to neglect this blog again as I
have just done ... I'm sure my lovely wife will play a role in
that ... More updates soon, I'll shortly be going shopping for a bike,
a wetsuit and one of those sexy one-piece cycling/running stretchy
affairs I'm sure you're all dying to see me in

Until next time ...

2 comments:

  1. Until next time ... ... that'd better be tomorrow latest!!! :P

    So proud of you baby. Can't wait to congratulate you once you've done it all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done David, you should be proud! :)

    Coincidentally a friend of mine is running the London Marathon this Sunday, after months of training. If anyone is feeling generous, his webpage is http://www.justgiving.com/bobbyv He is running in memory of his father, and is aiming to double his original fundraising target. A worthy cause :)

    ReplyDelete