Tuesday 28 April 2009

Footy at last

Monday came along and our 5-a-side team 'FIGO' had its first game of our MOnday lunchtime league. We're a team that has never played together before and a number of us haven't played football in a long long time (myself included as I haven't played footy in over 1 year) so my expectations were quite low. The team we played seemed to have been together a while, and in the first 5 minutes it showed. We didn't really have a look in in the first 5-10 minutes, but to be honest, over the course of the 20 minute game we acquitted ourselves fairly well. In the end we lost 4-2. Its a loss, but one with dignity intact. I'm fairly pleased with my performance. I was kept busy and it meant that I got quite a bit of exercise and as well as being sick today I am fairly stiff.

Upon recovery it will be time to resume normal standard training.

No comments:

Post a Comment